This months Center Parcs Family Blogger Club challenge is to tell you what twelve things truly get me into the Christmas spirit. Over on the Center Parcs blog their Winter Wonderland expert, Nick Oot gives you some inspiration. My favourite of his list is “Getting out and about – I love getting wrapped up and venturing out into the chilly winter air at Christmas time, and our horse and carriage rides are the perfect way to make the most of the outdoors this festive season.”
This got me thinking about my twelve favourite things about Christmas too. Here goes:
1. The decorations. I love them. It takes me a few days to get them all up, as we do have rather a lot, but once they’re all up and our home is sparkling and twinkling I just love it.
2. The visit to see the man in red. We did this last weekend and Littlebit is still going on about it now and asking if he will bring the Peppa Pig thing she asked for.
3. Like Nick Oot (what a fab surname) I too love wrapping up warm. Donning the scarf, hat and gloves and getting out in the fresh air to look at what the weather is doing to the nature surrounding us.
4. The food. Of course, the food, who doesn’t like the indulgence of Christmas?
5. Visiting friends and family and entertaining them in our home. We all make special effort at Christmas to spend time together.
6. Daddypinkwellies having time off work. He works so very hard all year and Christmas gives us two blissful weeks at home with him. It’s different to family holidays when we’re away as Christmas we are just relaxing in each others company at home.
7. The play school Christmas concert. I’m going out on a limb here as this is Littlebit’s first one ever, next week, so I can’t really say it’s one of my favourite things. But, I just know I’m going to love it and am uber excited about it.
8. Sitting down with a Gingerbread Latte and going through the Christmas Radio Times (it’s the only issue I buy all year) with a big red pen circling the things we want to watch and record, and the anticipation this brings of all the Christmas movies we’re going to snuggle under the Christmas blankets and watch with a hot chocolate.
9. Baking and cooking. Again, another tradition I have is taking a morning out to sit down with all of my Christmas recipe books and decide what goodies we’ll be making this year. We’re hosting Boxing Day at our house so there’ll be lots of prep for that, plus we’re having lots of visitors who we’ll need treats for and some home baked gifts as well.
10. Our elf on the shelf Elden and the excitement he brings.
11. Giving gifts. I love buying for and giving gifts to the people I love. I love seeing the look on their face as they unwrap what I’ve chosen for them and love to show people how much they mean to me.
12. Christmas outfits. I have a selection of Christmas jumpers now, I buy one each year. This is this years addition and I love it.
Talking of Christmas jumpers if you have one why don’t you join in with Tots100 and Save the Childen’s Christmas Jumper Day tomorrow and Make the World Better with a Sweater! #XmasJumperDay
There are still eight more places in the Center Parcs Family Blogger available, so if you’d like to win a break at Center Parcs then why not have a go at this challenge. When you’ve written your post don’t forget to include the line ‘This is my entry to the Center Parcs and Tots 100 December challenge. If I’m chosen, I would like to visit (specify Village)’ and then just tweet a link to the Center Parcs and Tots100 Twitter handles, including the hashtag #CPFamilyBreaks.
I’m a Center Parcs Family Blogger and will be visiting Elveden village with my family. If you want to enter to win a place as a wildcard winner just go the challenge page to find out how.